Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) serves George, Harrison, and Jackson Counties. LIHEAP assists households with low incomes in meeting their immediate home energy needs. The Program helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs.
Jackson County Civic Action Committee, Inc. provides federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with home energy bills, energy crises, weatherization, and energy-related minor home repairs.
LIHEAP can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer through programs that reduce the risk of health and safety problems that arise from unsafe heating and cooling practices.
If LIHEAP, CSBG, or Weatherization services have never been received in the state of Mississippi, a PRE-APP via the state website is required: https://virtualroma.mdhs.ms.gov/ The PRE-APP is located in the upper right hand corner of the website. ONLY ONE PRE-APP SHOULD BE COMPLETED.
To schedule an appointment, contact one of the following locations:
Jackson County: 228-285-8070
Harrison County: 228-284-5217
George County: 601-947-5989
The following documents must be presented at the time of the appointment:
- Award Letter(s): Social Security, SSI, Disability, etc.
- Pay Stubs (for the previous 30 days)
- Pension (all retirement income)
- Unemployment Determination
- Child Support, TANF Printout
- Other documents deemed eligible to verify income
- Zero Income (affidavit must be notarized)
- Unemployed: must register with the WIN Job Center
- Self-Employed – must provide receipt of payment for services and/or product, accounting records, and a copy of the IRS Transcript.
Social Security Cards:
Social Security cards are required for all household members.
Valid Photo ID:
*Identification must be presented for all household members 18 years and older.
- Driver’s License
- State Issued ID
- Employment ID
- Military ID
- School or College ID
- Tribal ID
- Alien Registration / Permanent Residence Card or Temporary Card
- Residence Verification:
- Copy of Utility Bill
- Lease or Rental Agreement
- Utility Deposit (must have a copy of the application from energy provider establishing account)
- Mortgage Documents (deeds or taxes)
- W-9 (Landlord)