Join JCCAC in making our community a better place by making a difference in the lives of those around us. Fill out our Volunteer Information Form and send it to Rose Ezell at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fill out our Volunteer Information sheet online in the toggle below. You can also sign up for volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Mississippi.
Below are a list of current volunteer opportunities with Jackson County Civic Action Committee, Inc. along with our volunteer registration form. Check back often for new opportunities.
- Complete basic and/or refresher tax law training, including the use of electronic filing software.
- Successfully complete certification on required tax law knowledge.
- Provide high-quality assistance to all taxpayers. Directly prepare taxpayer’s return based on information provided by taxpayer or answer tax related questions.
- Interview taxpayer to determine if all income, deductions and credits are claimed.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information.
- Act as a Quality Reviewer if requested.
- Willingness to share time and skills.
- Basic computer skills for inputting tax return information.
- Customer service and organizational skills.
- Pride in performing tasks completely and accurately.
- Basic tax and intermediate training will be provided and intermediate training will be available beginning in October. You will have the option to learn Tax Law online through self-study or in small group training sessions.
- Training on the TaxWise e-file will occur only through small group training sessions.